Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Good Mood Cook

I woke up so early that it was not even 4 am yet .... I lazed around till 6 am .... and then, I went to the market for some fresh vegetables. I think I'd not eaten vegetables for a few days. It's very unhealthy, huh? When I got home, I proceeded to cook lunch for my friend and I. Geez,  I must had been in a good mood. Cause I only felt like cooking when I was happy. Lols.

Pork ribs & spinach soup
Lotsa vegetables in there to make up for the lack of them in the last few days ...
The pork vendor coaxed me to buy ribs ... so I obliged and bought the smallest cut. RM6.00 only. Easy peasy to cook, just wash and dump them in a pot with boiling water and boil away. All I added for seasoning was a bit of salt. I put in the vegetables before serving. The soup was naturally sweet and yum.

Minced pork & Shiitake mushrooms with egg tofu
I pan-fried the tofu first, and then stir-frieded the minced pork and shiitake sauce with some soy sauce, sugar, shao xing wine. Then I mixed everything together and served.

A soup, vegetables, tofu and meat with rice ... quite wholesome, eh? My friend was not a picky eater, so it was a breeze feeding her. Both of us had a great lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...