Thursday, November 15, 2012

D'Light Bread House & Cafe

Bet you do not know where this place is located. ;))

I went for lunch with my colleagues to this place with no name. Lols. Last time, it was called Our Daily Bread. Later it changed its name to Jon & Jay. I'd blogged about it twice - here and here. Now ... there did not seem to be a name .... till I went inside, sat down and was given a menu. Oh. It's now called D'Light Bread House & Cafe.

Jon & Jay used to serve pork. Now, I they don't. Hmn ... browsing through the menu, there was a selection of breakfast items, asian noodle dishes and even Western food.

Both my colleagues had the Spaghetti Carbonara ...

Spaghetti Carbonara, RM12.00
Served with turkey ham in a creamy sauce...

Nice? I asked them.

Not so, came the reply.

Hmn .... no comment. 

I, on the other hand, had the Grilled Chicken Chop.

Chicken Maitre D'Hotel, RM14.50
The vegetables were buttered and still quite crunchy. I wish there were more though. The crinkled fries were ordinary, but nonetheless crispy. I liked the chicken which was rather tasty. The chicken thigh was deboned and grilled to perfection - crispy on the outside, juicy and tender inside, and nicely flavoured with Italian herbs, predominantly oregano. Not bad ... though I thought the whole platter looked a bit miserable ... maybe the plate was too big. Lols.

We also shared a pizza. 

Four Seasons Pizza, RM16.00
In the menu, it stated the filling which comprised fresh tomato sauce, mushroom, onion, mussel, tuna fish, cheese and mozarella cheese. Looking at the pizza, one could see that there were 4 different types of toppings on 1 pizza ... just that I think it also had some ingredients which were not in the menu, i.e. ham. I also did not eat any mussels nor tuna ... but hopefully my friends did. ;p I thought the pizza tasted alright, though. But my friends thought it was not cheesy enough.

The bill came to RM73.00 inclusive of 3 drinks and 5% of service charge. Hmn ... how do I find the dining experience .... hmn .... There were watchful waitresses standing across the room and cleared our plates as soon as we finished eating. I think I did not like that because it felt like we were being chased away. Plus it did not feel very comfortable to eat whilst being watched by the waitresses.

Hmn. Not compelled to return anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...