Monday, November 19, 2012

Lunch @ Ipoh Town Kopitiam

My colleague and I had lunch at Ipoh Town Kopitiam today. We both love the white coffee, which was thick and satisfying.

Yums white coffee, RM2.40

We also shared the kaya & butter toast. The crisp brown bread was generously buttered, and the sweet and rich kaya made the toast a wonderful treat, no matter what time of the day.

Kaya & butter toast, RM2.40

I believe this is the first time I tried the Nasi Lemak Special.

Nasi Lemak Special, RM6.80

Hmn ... I did not taste much of coconut fragrance in the rice, which I also found to be a tad soggy. The sambal was tangy but quite tasty nonetheless. Besides the usual condiments such as deep-fried peanuts, deep-fried anchovies, cucumbers, and half a boiled egg, the nasi lemak was served with a chunk of chicken rendang. The thigh meat was rather tender, and fully infused with spices. I quite enjoyed the chicken, in fact. 

My colleague had the dry curry mee which she found to be very spicy. As a result, she had only consumed a quarter of the amount! Dry curry mee was RM6.30. She also had to order a glass of warm drinking water to put out that burning sensation in the mouth. And drinking water was RM0.80 per glass. 

All food and beverage were subjected to 10% of service charge. And so we paid a total of RM23.20 for the meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...