Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dabai Fried Rice

For the longest time, I had wanted to cook Dabai Fried Rice. So opportunity arose the other day when I had some dabai and rice in hand. I was not sure of the recipe ... so I did some research and got ready my ingredients.

10 pieces of dabai, 2 shallots and 2 minced chillies ...

And so I sauteed the onions and chillies, and then the dabai ... and then added in the rice and stir-fried till they were evenly coated with the dabai. For flavouring, I added some light soy sauce and a pinch of salt. When the rice was almost done, I cracked in an egg.

Then I dished out and garnished with some deep-fried anchovies.

Dabai Fried Rice

Erm ... it was spicy ... and it tasted of dabai .... and anchovies whenever I bit into them little fishes ... and that was about it .... lols ... can't say that I liked it much. I think the recipe needs tweaking. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...