Friday, November 2, 2012

Sizzles @ Signatures

Bro and I met up for lunch at KLCC. Hmn. Bad idea because the lunch crowd was just humongous. There was queue everywhere. I wanted Nando's and was queuing up for a table, but Bro thought it was too heavy. So we headed to Signatures at Level 2. The food court was just as crowded with hardly any place to sit.

We walked one round and checked out what the food court had to offer. Plenty of choices. Bro opted for the good old McValue lunch at Mcdonald's while I decided to patronise Sizzles. It sold sizzling hot plate noodles and rice, and also claypot rice. I decided to order a sizzling egg noodle with egg. Egg noodles because there was a choice of 2 types of noodles, and I wasn't quite fond of rubbery yee mein. And egg because one could also have the noodles without egg.

This was a typical food court fare. But frankly, I was not expecting much because it had been a while since I had eaten a good plate of sizzling noodles at a food court. My previous two encounters were disappointing, not worth blogging about. 

Anyway, there were quite a lot of people crowding the outlet. I placed my order and had to wait for about 5 minutes. Quite efficient, I would say. But then, the chicken and mushroom gravy was pre-cooked. All that had to be done was to heat up the noodles on the hot plate and douse it with gravy, crack in an egg and sprinkle with some lettuce and serve. 

Sizzling noodles with egg, RM7,50 

I helped myself to the fresh cut green and red birds' eye chillies which had been pre-soaked in soy sauce. I liked the fact that I could have as much chillies as my disposable saucer would hold. Then I lifted my tray up .... whoa .... heavier than I thought and I was worried that I would topple the whole tray as it wobbled. I tightened my grip.

We had found a tiny little table near the stall ... I placed down my tray gratefully, and picked up the noodles with my chopsticks for the first taste. And well, the noodles and gravy were surprisingly and unexpectedly yum!! Yay!! Happy!!

The black gravy had the right consistency and tasted great. Just as I had remembered the taste to be like! Yum. The thick gravy coated the springy noodles wonderfully. I liked eating this dish with birds' eye chillies. The hot, hot chillies added lotsa kick!  

Top view 

Hmn ... I'm glad I enjoyed lunch, even though Bro and I could hardly talk at the noisy food court. Next time we meet up for lunch, I'd persuade him to bring me to the temple to eat vegetarian. Temple, did I say? Well ... yes ... I'm really curious about the temple ..... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...