Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spoilt By Mom

Hmn ... the family seldom have the chance to have dinner together. So when we do get together, Mom would ensure that she cook us a wholesome meal. In fact, she had wanted me to try so many things .... lols ... which was really not possible within a meal or two.

Anyway .... for dinner that night, Mom made for us ...

Clear Spinach Soup with Stuffed Tofu
Among the stuff items, there was this spongy pig skin which was spreaded with fish paste .... and I enjoyed eating that because I enjoyed the texture ... yum. 

Braised Pork Belly with Sweet Preserved Mui Choy
Hmn ... looks like a mess ... but it was delicious. I enjoyed the sweet mui choy, which was really yum with the fatty pork slices. 

Steamed Barramundi or Siakap
The fish was rather fresh ... it's just that I'm not a very "fishy" person .... lols ...

Stir-fried Leeks with Bacon
I prefer leeks with Chinese sausages ... but bacon flavoured the leeks in a different way

I spent my whole day shopping .... and when I came home .... a piping hot homecooked dinner. I'm so spoilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...