Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sightseeing @ Sunday Market

My 2 aunts and I went to Sunday market at Jalan Satok last Sunday morning. It's an interesting market, with plenty to see - fruits, vegetables, jungle produce, local cakes, plants, and even clothes.

 Walking towards the market

The market is set up on Saturday afternoon and stretches right up to Sunday afternoon. It's rather crowded as it is an attraction to both the locals and visitors.

Fresh local fruits - guava & wax apple


Even rotten ones at RM0.20 per kg. I'm not sure what they are for and if anyone would want to buy them.



Many types of salted fish


Anchovies


Dabai
I've recently developed a love for dabai, a native fruit of Sarawak, which tastes rich & creamy.


An elegant fighting cock for sale


Another fighting cock


Apam


Putu


Grilled Terubok, another Kuching specialty. The price depends on the size of the fish.

The market is crowded most of the time, so expect to have to squeeze your way through the throng of people. Because of that, a good advice would be to be careful of your personal belongings in case pickpockets are abound.

2 comments:

  1. Wah, no time didn't go. I see not crowded. You went early I presume. Nice blog, keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was crowded at certain areas, where the pathway was very narrow. Thanks for reading and thanks the encouragement. I really appreciate it. ;))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...