Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Because of My P

I am blessed with a very committed P. He is certainly very knowledgeable, experienced, dedicated, and super diligent. He is so passionate about teaching that he inspires us to be good teachers too. My colleagues and I agree that we've learned a tremendous lot from him - both as an administrator and a teacher.

Of course there are times when we get frustrated with him. He can be very demanding when occasions call for it. Some people say that he is coercive. Well, it's true to a certain extent. Plus, he likes to run many activities at the same time. It makes the school difficult to manage, and we lose our focus.

But because of my P, the school has progressively become an excellent school. Our public examination results improve from year to year, and we are becoming more and more well-known in Miri. This year, our Form 1 enrollment shot up, and we are receiving better students from primary schools all over Miri. It's a testament that parents are confident in our ability to educate their children.

Because of my P, I'd gained many experiences. I had so much more opportunities, compared to some of my colleagues. Because like me, my P is also an English teacher. He'd helped me to get my article written & published in an educational journal. He brought me to an international conference, where he & I presented a paper on our joint project. Never in my life would I dream that I, an ordinary teacher, would be presenting a paper at the international level.

Because he promoted me to other schools, I got invited to speak to the students and teachers about my expertise. So, for the past few years, I'd get invited to a few schools every year. Last year, he brought another colleague and me to do a presentation at the neighbouring district. And this week, he was invited to do a presentation at an elite school here in Miri. And he had insisted that the school invite me too, because it was again about our joint project.

As I prepared for the presentation this week, and as I delivered it the teachers at that particular school today, I felt extremely grateful and fortunate for all the opportunities that were given to me.

 A token from the host school


Papaya, pineapple, honeydew, apples, oranges & bananas.
Lol ... I can't possibly finish them.

Anyway, from the bottom of my heart, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to my P, for all his guidance, for believing in my abilities and for giving me so many opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...