Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dabai

M****** is a new addition to my workplace. He's very young, shy, quiet and a pretty hardworking fellow. I'd never spoken to him before, even though he's already been working for a few months.

Today, he brought a bagful of dabai as a gift for his mentor, I***. I happened to be there at the time. And I***, in turn, gave me some. Lol.

 Fresh and plump these are ....

What I did was to soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes and then poured some soy sauce into the container and they were ready to eat. Yum! I ate 5 at one go, but in fact I was tempted to finish the whole bowl. It was certainly addictive!

Yum ... rich, creamy, salty and full of flavour ....

It was funny that before this, I did not appreciate dabai at all. It was only recently that I'd developed a fondness for it. It had this distinctive fragrance and taste, and was soft and creamy. The soy sauce, for me, brought out its flavour. I loved it!

Thanks, M******! Even though these fruits weren't meant for me in the first place! Lol. Also thanks to I*** for his generosity.

4 comments:

  1. yup, they were real yum ... i miss them already ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. try this.

    get around 1 cup of dabai, wash and add 1 teaspoon butter and sweet soy sauce. put under the sun. until soft. probadly an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah? what will that do to the dabai? I'm game to try when I get my hands on the next batch of dabai ....

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...