Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dinner @ Chai Seafood Pending

I remember enjoying seafood at Chai's at the Pending Seafood Centre. So much so that we made a few recurrent visits there.

This time however, I was a bit disappointed with the crab & prawns. The crab was totally tasteless while the butter milk sauce for the prawns was a tad too sweet and lacked the fragrance that it could and should have.

Stir-fried Crab in Salted Egg

Buttermilk Prawns

What was still good were the . . .

Yam & Fish Head in a Claypot
A signature dish here, this dish was just superb. It was a hearty dish, flavoured by the great combination of fresh deep-fried fish head and yam. Be careful though, because it was so hot that it burned my mouth as I sipped the broth.

Oyster Omelette
Chai's omelette was alright. It's just that you needed to eat it while it was hot. Otherwise, it got soggy. To enjoy a great oyster omelette, head over to Lok Garden. I think theirs was far yummier than Chai's.

Stir-fried Cangkuk Manis with Egg
Now, I enjoyed the Cangkuk Manis here as the veges were finely rubbed and then stir-fried in in just the right amount of oil. It did not taste too greasy, and the fragrance of the egg coupled with the sweetness of the veges were wonderful. Definitely much better than that of Lok Garden's.

For this meal, we paid RM86.00. I do hope that they maintain or even improve the standard of cooking here. It's really a great place to enjoy seafood in Kuching after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...