Sunday, January 22, 2012

Reunion Dinner 2012

This year's reunion dinner was a very small affair. There were only Mom, Dad, Bro, Sil, Fifth Aunt and me. We ate at home in the comfort of our dining room.

But because of Grandma's limited mobility, she could no longer join the entire family for dinner. Since tonight's the Lunar New Year Eve, I decided dress up Grandma's dinner tray.

Grandma had exactly what we had on our dinner table, but served in her bedroom.

Grandma's Reunion Dinner Tray
Clockwise : Plain white porridge, deep-fried prawns & deep-fried meat rolls, soy sauce for dipping, stir-fried mixed vegetables, finely sliced assorted roasted meats, steamed fish, a bowl of pig stomach pepper soup, a mandarin orange, and an Ang Pau from me. ;p

As I am writing this post now, I am very certain that most Chinese individuals are having their reunions now with their beloved families. Enjoy, you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...