Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nail Strengthener

I have very frail nails, both on my hands and feet. They will grow to a certain length and then break when I so much as to knock them against something. I'm rather clumsy after all.

The manicurist suggested that I try to use a nail strengthener. I searched at pharmacies here in Miri but none were available. How pathetic.

When in KL, one of things that I shopped for would be the nail strengthener. It was quite elusive as I could not locate them at certain pharmacies.

Finally, I managed to find the Sally Hansen Nail Treatment range of products at the larger outlets at Watson's, Guardian, Caring, and Sasa. Yayy! I was interested in the Miracle Nail Thickener. But a 13.3 ml bottle was sold at a staggering price of RM54.80. Then, I went to Sephora, and they sold the O.P.I range of nail treatment for more than RM100.00 per bottle. Expensive, isn't it?

I guessed Sally Hansen would be the cheaper option and bought one at Guardian at 15% discount. Imagine how happy I was! Yayy!

Nail Thickener

Anyway, upon application, the nails felt stronger. I applied a layer a day for up to 4 days. Well, it made my nails look healthy and glossy. And yes, the nails did feel thicker and tougher. They did not bend so easily, and was at this moment longer than I was usually able to grow it. The downside was that they peeled and I had to reapply them after a few days to ensure that the nails did not revert to being vulnerable as they used to be.

I'm not sure whether they would remain as strong when I clean up later to apply trendy nail polishes. One may think that the easiest solution for this is to use the thickener as a base coat. But as it peels easily, I think it will peel the nail polish off as well.

So, as miraculous as the nail thickener may be, it may not be able to help me keep my nails strong and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...