Monday, January 2, 2012

Dinner @ Top Spot

Top Spot gathered a huge number of ravenous diners in Kuching, even on a stormy night like this. It was raining cats and dogs outside and the floor near flooded, but people still kept on enjoying the mouth-watering food on the table. Including me. ;P

So many indulging in yummy food

There were many stalls, but we ordered from this one.

The stall we patronised

Aunts did the ordering while I sat back and observed the crowd. Before long, we were served with our dinner.

Stir-fried Baby Kailan with Dried Sole
The veges were crispy and really fragrant because of the dried sole. It's the first time I came across it actually. Apparently, dried sole or "tee poh" is a key ingredient in some Teochew dishes. How come I didn't know that? I'm ashamed to be a Teochew.

Stir-fried Midin with Belacan
This dish was slightly too salty for us because we did not have rice to go with it. The belacan paste was yum, so it would be great to eat this with plain white rice.

Bamboo Clams in Curry Gravy
All my Aunts liked this dish, but I didn't. I felt that the curry gravy wasn't as fragrant as it could have been.

Nestum Prawns
I'd never been quite fond of Nestum Prawns, so I wasn't really crazy over this dish which was on the sweet side. The prawns of were considerably large, though.


Fried Kueh Tiaw
Actually, we ordered egg noodles. The stall made a mistake but we did not mind the rice noodles either. I enjoyed this dish lots, with is smoky flavour and fresh seafood.

The bill came to RM69.00, and I was generally quite pleased with the quality and taste of food served here. No wonder it was so packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...