Friday, January 6, 2012

Upset

I am extremely upset and if I don't express it, I am just going to explode with anger. City-Link Express. Express, my foot! I have been urgently waiting for my package since yesterday. It was sent from KL on Wednesday. It is now Friday and I haven't received it yet!! I PAID for the courier. I PAID for it to be quick. Yet, all I get is drag.

I'd called them and asked them to deliver it yesterday afternoon and they did not. I called them again today and they said they would deliver it, but half a day had gone and I still had not seen anything yet. So if they do not deliver it today, I suppose I am expected to wait till Monday? What is the point then for me to PAY for courier. I might as well use the snail mail.

If they haven't enough employees to cope with the delivery, they should by right, hire more people. Urgh. I'm allergic to inefficiency!

4 comments:

  1. There are some couriers from KUL which will transit in KCH before reaching MYY & I believe that's what happens to your package. Your package leaves KUL Wed (last flight out) reached KCH on Thur morn, but will only leave KCH Thur evening using line-haul (i.e. trucking). On the way, it stops at SBW & BTU & reach MYY Fri morn & you should get it by Fri afternoon. Trucking is cheaper than air-freight & that's how some courier company cut costs. But there are some couriers (like DHL) who uses airfreight direct KUL-MYY. That way you get your package within 24 hrs. DHL is slightly more expensive but you get your stuff on time.
    I sympathize with you. You pay courier rate, so you should get fast service.

    Hope you got your package by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I haven't received my package and I am still feeling peeved. I've lodged a complaint with the company already.

    My colleagues and I have always had things sent to us via Poslaju. We always get our stuff within 24 hours.

    That's probably why I expect this courier company to provide a similar service as well. But it didn't.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing the information. I didn't know that some courier companies send their stuff by land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After going though all the heartache, I'd finally got my package. Today.

    I asked for delivery to my school because I'd be at school most of the time. It was delivered yesterday at about 5.00 p.m., just as the school office was closing.

    This morning, the clerk texted me about my package at the school office. And I rushed over to collect it.

    Not a good experience, but a good lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today (Monday, 9 Jan), I got a call from KL, the co. that sent my package. The lady on the line said that she'd made arrangements with City Link Miri to deliver my package on Monday, 9 Jan.

    "Promise," she said.

    Well, at least she bothered to follow up with me after I called her up on Friday (6 Jan).

    At the same time, I checked my email today (9 Jan) and found a reply to the complaint that I lodged. I'd expressed my disappointment in their services and demanded some form of justification. They'd emailed back and apology and assured me that they would deliver today (9 Jan).

    But duh. Here they are promising to deliver my package on Monday (9 Jan) when they'd already done so on Friday (6 Jan)?

    There's something VERY wrong here.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...