Monday, September 28, 2009

Back To Work

It's the end of the Raya break. It's back in Miri. Back to work. My Malay colleague gave me some Raya goodies this morning. 2 containers full! Look at the cakes and cookies!

What pretty colours

An assortment of Raya cookies

Thanks a lot, J*!!

Anyway, it's the last bit of the semester, 8 long weeks to go. 9 more days to PMR, 51 days to SPM and STPM. After that, it's holidays till next year.

When I say that I'm a teacher, one of the responses I always get is that "You get long breaks." I must admit that I do look forward to school holidays. Who doesn't?

Well, from today till the next holiday is 54 days. It seems a bit far away to me. I expect to be ultra busy for the next one and a half months, with many events coming up at work. Not to forget exam preparation and stuff.

I'm so looking forward to the next break, where I have just planned a trip to Kuala Lumpur and thereafter to Singapore. I just got my tickets sorted out. Can't wait! Keep my fingers crossed so that nothing crops up.

Talking about Singapore, there is a person whom I consider a friend, whom I am longing to meet up with. It's just that I'm not sure whether he wants to see me or not.

Sigh. It's amazing how time flies. In a blink of an eye, I've approaching my 10th year mark in the school system. How much longer can I endure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...