Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catching Up @ Secret Recipe

My friends and I went to Secret Recipe at Pelita Commercial Centre last night to hang out. It's been a while since we had a girls' night out.

I liked this Green Apple Kasturi, but would prefer it not to be so sweet. It's got the fresh taste of green apple mixed with the sour and saltiness of limau kasturi and a sour plum.

Green Apple Kasturi

It was rather late, and we just wanted something to nibble on something. So we ordered a chicken curry puff.

Chicken Curry Puff

Hmn. The puff came to our table slightly charred, an indicator that it had been in the oven too long. Well, I did not like the chicken curry puff. The taste was all right, I suppose. Inside is diced potatoes and shredded chicken, all sticky and gooey. I don't like the shredded chicken, which to me, makes the texture of the filling a bit funny.

Gooey Chicken & Potatoes

We also ordered a brownie.

Brownie

The brownie fared better than the curry puff. It's rich, but not overly sweet. It's got walnut that brings a nutty texture to this cake. The layer of chocolate topping is delectable. Yum.

Well, I had a great time chatting with friends. Should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...