Friday, September 11, 2009

Bazaar Ramadhan Rendezvouz 2009

I'd been tapau-ing dinner from the Bazaar Ramadhan for the past week. I've been to the one at the Indoor Stadium carpark, as well as the one at Saberkas Commercial Centre. I usually frequent the one at Saberkas as it's nearer to home.

There's plenty of food sold, like barbecued meats and fish, lauk pauk, kuih muih, laksa, mee rebus, and so on.

A stall selling the infamous Kek Lapis Sarawak

So much food but of course, not everything is yummy. Some disappoint. This week, I tried a few items like vadai, kuih cara, nasi briyani, nasi kerabu, and asam pedas ikan pari. I forgot to take pictures of those items. Then on the day I bought nasi kerabu, the whole package fell as I was taking it out of the car, and all the shredded greens spilled. So I ended up having the nasi without the kerabu. Lol.

There's a stall selling Apam Jepun. A sign says ""Inti Kari". Ok, so it's some kind of pancake with curry filling. Curiosity got the better of me, so I bought RM1.00 for 3 pieces.

Apam Jepun

Having taken half a portion, I was disappointed. The apam pastry does not seem to have much taste or texture. It's pretty much tasteless. The filling consists of onions with very pungent curry taste. It seemed to me like curry powder mixed with water and onions. Urgh. It's a no-no if you dislike onions.

Curried chopped onions in Apam Jepun

On one of the days, I bought some putu mayang, also 3 pieces for RM1.00. Now, the putu mayang was quite yummy. It's a pity however, that it's already cold. It'll be great to eat the putu mayang hot so that the putu strands would not clump together.

Putu Mayang

Today, I bought begedil. Begedil is a potato-and-meat patties dipped in egg and then deep-fried. I love minced beef in my begedil as it really makes it more tasty. But the begedil I bought today only has mashed potatoes, chopped onions, chinese parsley, chillies and a dash of pepper.

Begedil

The star item for me would be the Kerabu Peria.

Bittergourd salad

It's sweet and tangy and crispy and totally refreshing. I really like this salad, which I can eat with any type of rice, be it plain rice or nasi lemak or nasi briyani and so on. The Bittergourd Salad has got shredded shallots, torch ginger flower, fresh chillies, pounded dried prawns, and seasoned with sugar and lime juice. I would really love to learn to make this dish. I think it should not be too difficult, eh.

Well, the bazaar is really convenient place to buy dinner. There's no need for me to cook at all, especially on weekdays!

Oh yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Dad!! Give you a treat when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...