Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sama Jaya Nature Reserve

This afternoon, I was at the Sama Jaya Nature Reserve, near Tabuan Jaya here in Kuching.

There were jogging tracks through the forest. It was a novelty for me to exercise amidst the forest setting. The trees provided shade, and it was not hot even at 3.00 p.m. in the afternoon. The crowd started to pour in at about 4.00 p.m., and the jogging track got slightly crowded.

The trail which I took was 1.6 km long, which took me about 15 minutes to complete. There was another shorter trail which was 1 km in length. The short trail was quite slippery today after a downpour.


Dad said monkeys could sometimes be seen on the trees, and I was delighted when I saw a few of them today, high up on a tree!

Mom pointed out this particular leaf to me.


Half a century ago, when there were no plastic bags, vendors used this leaf to wrap cuts of meat or fish. Cool, eh.

There were several buildings here - which house the offices, the visitors' centre, and 2 museums.


Entrance is RM0.50 per person. It's quite a nice place to exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...