Monday, September 7, 2009

Lunch @ Double Star Cafe

Having no idea where to go for lunch, my friend and I went to Double Star Cafe at Pelita Commercial Centre, Miri. There were quite a lot of people eating there at around noon.

Double Star Cafe serves a variety of food - they have breakfast items like toasts. snacks such as spring rolls and fried chicken wings, rice set meals, baked cheesy rice and western food such as lamb chop, and fish and chips.

Today, my friend ordered the Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Set.

Teriyaki Chicken

The teriyaki chicken is slightly sweet, and dusted with a little toasted sesame seeds. There is a teeny weeny bit of salad on the side, and a dipping sauce. The rice set comes with a bowl of rice and a bowl of soup.

Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Set

I ordered the Wasabi Chicken Salad Rice.

Wasabi Chicken Salad Rice

It consists of deep-fried chicken pieces, drizzled with wasabi-flavoured mayonnaise. I think chicken breast meat is used. On the side, there's a bit of salad. My platter comes with a bowl of soup too. I dislike the soup today, as the taste of the preserved vegetable is too strong.

Well, the wasabi chicken salad rice was a bit too dry for my liking. Plus, I think the portion is quite little. My friend said that the chicken has shrunk. ;( Dismal, eh.

Spring Rolls

We ordered a set of spring rolls. A set of four costs RM3.20. Now , I have always liked the spring rolls. Each spring roll is compact with bits of minced chicken and vegetables - I think there's shredded carrot and jicama. The spring rolls are best eaten when hot, as they are really crispy. The sweet and sourish dipping sauce that accompanies the spring rolls is also nice.

Well, lunch today left me full, but not satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...