Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dear, Dear Son-In-Law 女婿当家

I started watching Dear, Dear Son-In-Law 女婿当家 a few days ago. Mom and Dad watched with me, and they enjoyed it too. It's pretty comedic, making everyone laugh in merriment.

The Jiang Family

Well, I like how Wencai (Zhu Houren), after being suspicious and skeptical at first, comes to appreciate Shunfa's (Pierre Png) presence in his family, and thereafter comes to rely on him after problems within the family arise. I refuse to believe that a man as nice as Shunfa exists today. His is a fictional character, as he is just TOOOOOOOO good to be true. He is totally devoted to Yijuan, but she is dumb enough to dump him. After that, Shunfa is still committed to Yijuan's family, sticking by them through thick and thin.

Shunfa (Pierre Png) & Yijuan (Priscelia Chan)

The drama sees Yijun (Jeanette Aw) transform dramatically. She is nicknamed Chilli Crab as she is fiesty and mean and bossy and rebellious. At the end of the drama, however, she turns saccharine sweet. To me, it's like a 360 degree change. Mom thought Anna's annoying mother who always takes advantage of people should be named Chilli Crab instead! Lol.

Anyway, I thought the development of Yijun and Shunfa's relationship was pretty sweet. Yijun falls in love with Shunfa, and becomes extra nice to him. She lends him her laptop, helps him research for materials, and entertains his mother. I think Shunfa also starts to like Yijun. But it takes Wencai and Meibao and also Fa Ma to help them establish their relationship. Sweet.

I thoroughly enjoyed Zhu Houren's acting. So funny he had me in stitches. Well, this is a heart-warming family drama. Enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...