Monday, September 14, 2009

Majlis Berbuka Puasa

Last night, I attended my first ever Majlis Berbuka Puasa at school. The Muslim teachers and students have spent the whole day preparing for last night's event. Some Muslim parents also came for the event. Hampers were given to the needy students, which I thought made the whole event even more meaningful.

Undoubtedly, there were plenty of food to go around.

There was chicken curry with potatoes.


Ikan masak kicap.


Fish stew? Fish soup?


Prawn in sweet and sour gravy.


Sayur campur.


Solok lada


I liked this solok lada very much - it was stuffed with ikan kembung paste and grated coconut. It is quite tasty with rice.

There were also curry puffs.


Doughnuts & cucur cempedak


I like cucur cempedak a lot too. Cucur cempedak or jackfruit fritters is deep-fried battered jackfruit. It is really tasty.

Kuih bakul

Pandan custard cake


Chocolate Cake


Peach cobbler


Well, it was quite interesting to break fast together in a large group. I really like to see my colleagues and students having a hearty meal after a whole day of fasting.

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...