Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cookies For A Good Cause

My stomach growled as soon as I stepped into the airplane. Darn. I had not brought any snacks with me. My supply of water was also depleting. So I had no choice but to buy from the airline.

I browsed the menu ... and decided that I'd have something light. A snack. But I was not keen on potato chips and chocolates. Hence, I decided to get some cookies.  And a bottle of water too, of course.


The cookies were RM5.00 per pack. Each pack contained 6 bite-sized cookies, which comprised 3 different varieties, namely chocolate chips oatmeal, cashew nut butter, and almond butter. I opened the package and had my first taste of the cookies. And well, they had a homemade feel to it, just as those Mom made at home. And guess what? I could actually taste butter in there! They were not bad at all.

But what's meaningful about those cookies was that they were baked by The Silent Teddies Bakery, an initiative by the Community Service Centre for the Deaf (CSCD). It aims to develop entrepreneurial skills among hearing impaired youths.

Source : http://www.airasia.com/travel3sixty/inflight-food-review-triple-chocolate-muffin-the-silent-teddies-cookies.html

All the cookies were baked fresh and free from preservatives. So why not do your part to help these deaf youths, simply by purchasing cookies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...