Friday, December 7, 2012

Rice-wrapped Peaches @ e-mart

My friend told me that outside Maybank at e-mart, at around noon time, there is a stall that sells kuih. It is the only Chinese kuih vendor there. My friend recommended to me the rice-wrapped peaches or 米包米, and the other day, she bought some for me to try.

A rice-wrapped peach or 米包米

The glutinous rice filling ... 

Well, I found the kuih to be compact with the glutinous rice filling. That's a plus since most vendors are stingy with the filling. Besides, I could see and taste the bits of mushrooms and minced pork in the filling. However, I felt that the filling could be further improved by adding more textures into it. For example, it would be great to have some braised or roasted peanuts, and diced tofu in there. Or for extra flavour, some coriander could be added. Anyways, these are just suggestions ... ;p

These rice-wrapped peaches were better than most I had ever bought! 3 pieces sells for RM2.00. I thought they were pretty cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...