Monday, December 10, 2012

Hon Kee Raw Fish Porridge

Hon Kee is a legendary name, its porridge business spanning 3 generations. Its original stall is at Petaling Street. Now, one can have it at many other different parts of Klang Valley. Check out the locations at the website.

I was shopping at the Bukit Bintang area, and so I had mine at Hutong Lot 10. My raw fish porridge cost RM8.25 after tax.

My serving of raw fish porridge

I'll start with the porridge first. It was a smooth Hong Kong style porridge, with good consistency. The porridge was generously seasoned with very fragrant sesame oil, some ginger and spring onions. Very nice, if you like the congee-type of porridge.

On a separate plate, there were raw fish slices, with lots of julienned ginger and Chinese celery. I'm not sure what fish it was. Anyway, to eat, put the raw fish slices into the hot bowl of porridge. I poured the whole plate into the bowl and stirred. The thin fish slices cooked within a minute.

I found the porridge very palatable - very light and refreshing. The fish tasted fresh and sweet. The ginger and the celery were perfect complement to the porridge and gave the whole dish texture. I enjoyed the porridge a lot. Will be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...