Sunday, December 30, 2012

Curry Laksa

At the Mee Jawa stall at Food Republic Pavillion KL, I ordered a bowl of curry laksa with rice vermicelli.

Curry Laksa

Hmn ... this curry laksa is unlike the one I had the other day. This one had very thick gravy ... it was more like the curry one ate with rice. It had a layer of red chilli oil floating on the surface. That really scared me. I had to spoon aside all that oil to reach the curry gravy underneath.

Taste wise, this curry was quite spicy and aromatic. The rice vermicelli had absorbed all the flavours of the spices, so it became quite tasty to eat. The condiments were 4 beancurd pockets, a handful of blanched beansprouts, a handful of blanched long beans, some cockles, and a piece of chicken.

Usually, when I have curry laksa, I tend to devour all the gravy .... but this one was really to thick and too oily and so I left it uneaten.

The curry laksa cost me RM8.90.



2 comments:

  1. Ah laksa! I've had Curry Laksa at Food Republic KLCC too but don't remember the sauce being so thick. It was good but I definitely prefer Sarawak Laksa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Philip,

    Well, there are a few stalls selling curry laksa there, so probably, we've patronised different stalls. This curry that I ate the other day was actually quite tasty, but since it was so thick, I'd rather have it with rice than noodles. Sarawak Laksa tastes totally different from this curry laksa, and well, I got to have my share of it once in a while!

    Happy New Year! May you be blessed abundantly in all areas of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...