Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lunch @ Black Canyon

My friend and I met up for lunch at Black Canyon Aeon Maluri, a Thai fusion cafe.  And well, I quite enjoyed the meal!

I had the ...

 Seafood Fettucine With Hot Basil
The pasta was al dente, and stir-fried in a dark brown but very spicy and fragrant sauce. There was a play of texture, with sweet corn, long beans, fiery red birds eye chilli and lots of basil leaves. As it was a seafood pasta, there were some prawns, fish fillet, and cuttlefish in there. The basil was deep-fried and not over-powering at all. 

Thai Mango Salad 
The mango salad was sweet and tangy, very appetising indeed. I loved the crunchy toasted nuts that garnished the dish. 

Together with the food, I enjoyed a glass of lime juice ... which had a zesty flavour of lime and carbonated soda. Yum and refreshing.

I really look forward to go back here to try some other dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...