Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Servicing My Tag

Today's task was to service my Tag. This was the first time I serviced my watch since I bought it. It had stopped working sometime in  July and had to be put aside while I wore my other watch. Oh how I missed wearing my Tag!

Now, how many of us really service our timepieces? Hmn .... I certainly had never done it before. Honestly, if my Tag had not stopped functioning, I would not have wanted to send it for servicing. But certainly, for a watch to be working optimally, it has to be serviced periodically. It is only during this time that your watch receives some tlc ... as its movement is disassembled, inspected, cleaned, and then oiled.

I walked from KLCC right up to Central Plaza where the service centre was located on the 23rd floor. First, my watch was checked. Then, I was told that the battery was weak and leaking, and that it was going to be changed.

Leaking? I was aghast! But then I was convinced that it was not serious. Or else the movement would be affected. The damage was RM120 and I had to wait about an hour.

So I chose to sit there and wait ... for an hour and another twenty minutes before I got back my beloved Tag and wore it for the first time in months! Yayy!

After that it was time for lunch ... and I strolled to Hutong Lot 10 again. I wanted to try the Char Kueh Tiaw with duck egg. I believe I'd not have duck egg stir-fry noodles before! And cause I saw a long, long queue in front of the stall the other day while the noodles were stir-fried one plate at a time .... there were 3 cooks stir-frying 3 woks of noodles at the same time.

Duck Egg Fried Kueh Tiaw, RM10.40 after tax

Well, so how did the Fried Kueh Tiaw fare? Hmn ... I liked the fact that it was not too greasy despite the fact that lard was used. The kueh tiaw was not overly salty and had a smoky flavour to it. The duck egg yolk had a distinctive flavour to it ... it tasted slightly earthier. I liked the generous ingredients especially the crunchy beansprouts to eat together with the kueh tiaw. There were also cockles and lap cheong in there. I wasn't planning on finishing the whole plate .... but I did ;p

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...