Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pasar Pagi

On Saturdays at Taman Tasik Permaisuri, there is a pasar pagi. There are just 2 rows of stalls, selling fresh produce and also cooked food.



I was not interested in the raw produce ... so I hung about at the cooked food stalls and purchased ...

Apam Balik, RM2.50
Hmn ... the spongy pastry was filled substantially with chopped peanuts, sugar, and creamed corn. Yum .. sweet, chewy and satisfying.

Keropok lekor
Hmn ... there were actually many types ... my favourites were the thinly sliced ones as they were crunchy, and also the chewy tubed ones.  

Deep-fried oyster mushrooms
Now, these were inspired by the Japanese tempura, I suppose. I'd not seen this sold elsewhere. Oyster mushrooms were torn, battered and then deep-fried. Then they were seasoned with flavouring, and they were many flavours to choose from, i.e. spicy, black pepper, bbq, cheese and so on. 3 little bowls sold for RM5.00. They made great snack, and had to be eaten hot. Else they'd turn soggy.

There were other cooked food to buy such as nasi lemak, mee rebus, kebab and also putu mayam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...