Monday, December 3, 2012

Ah Tao Bakuteh

I did not even realised that there was a Bakuteh outlet here. The small shop is located at Jalan Grand Park  ... to describe the location better, it is at the shoplot at Telang Usan Hotel here in Miri.

The outlet not only sold Bakuteh, they also so stir-fried noodles and also kolo mee. AT brought me here for dinner and we had ....

Garlic Rice
The rice was loose and fluffy and lightly flavoured with garlic. I was glad that it was not greasy. 

 Bakuteh
This outlet had both dry and wet Bakuteh. We ordered the wet and soupy version. In the claypot were thick slices of pork belly which I loved, some lean meat, ribs, intestines, mushrooms, deep-fried tofu and beancurd skin. The soup was lightly flavoured with herbs and I thought he flavour was not robust enough. I also found the soup to be slightly salty. Perhaps that was why the herbal flavour did not come through. 

I wanted youtiao or deep-fried crullers to eat with the bakuteh but they had run out of it. Too bad. I just loved youtiao in herbal soup. Anyway, we also shared 2 vegetables ... 

Stir-fried okra
The vegetable was soft, and had a smoky flavour.

 Stir-fried Bittergourd with egg
The thin slices of bittergourd were not bitter at all, quite tender and nicely flavoured with the egg.

I had a very appetising kedondong juice while AT had a lime juice.

 Blended Kedondong Juice

The bill came to RM30.50. I thought it was quite reasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...