Thursday, April 17, 2014

Aquaria KLCC

Whoa, I did not expect Aquaria to be so packed. But well, it was school holidays, so naturally, families would throng this place.

However, I was all alone.

"Seorang saja ....," I overheard the staff say as I walked into the lobby area ....

I was pissed and I considered glaring hard at her and telling her off .... Couldn't I visit the aquarium alone? Perhaps I should lodge a complaint ......

Then I decided to put the whole thing behind me and enjoy myself fully .... and I'm glad I did have fun here.

Piranhas

Cute starfishes and sea cucumbers at the Touch Pool. One can actually reach into the waters to hold a starfish in his or her palm .... 

Water rat

Rope fish

Cave racer

Blue tongue skink

Albino Burmese python

The tallest tank is the tube tank at 15 feet, located at a section named The Flooded Forest. I was quite fascinated with it, seeing the fish swimming in circles .... 

Tinfoil barb dwelling inside the tube tank ..... 

There was this tank with giant fishes like arowana and arapaima ....

Alligator garfish

Red catfish

Blowfish

A major attraction here is the Oceanarium .... where one can just stand on the travelator as it brings him or her through a tunnel .... all around are sea creatures swimming unhindered ....

Turtle

Giant Pacific octopus

Seahorse

Spotted garden eel

When I had my fill, I exited through the Atlantis souvenir store, where there were lots of plushies to buy .... 

Lols. Pretty sad looking, don't you think so? 

Seal cuddlies

With my myKad, I paid RM38.00 for admission. Aquaria is open at 10.30 a.m. daily .... it is worth visiting if you haven't been before, or if you're tired from all that shopping. It can prove to be a really educational experience .....  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...