Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Delicious Meat Dumpling

Early in the morning, Dad and Mom and I went to the market. Along the road leading there, stalls were set up on the left and right, selling all sorts of things from vegetables to fruits to fish to chicken to cooked food to household items to clothing to shoes. 

"Auntie, you've come back from Sabah!" exclaimed the young fruit seller boy when he saw Mom. Lols. Sabah? He must have been mistaken.

To market, to market to buy a .... 

Mom usually sourced for fresh ingredients to cook - fruits, vegetables, meats .... but of course, I preferred to look for cooked food. That morning, I saw an elderly uncle selling dumplings at the entrance of the market. I did not remember seeing him before during my previous trips. And his dumplings were selling quite well.

So I bought a piece to try. It was huge! And cost me RM5.50. 

A gigantic dumpling, wrapped in 3 pieces of bamboo leaf

Back home, I unwrapped the dumpling and cut it to see the ingredients inside ..... and I was satisfied with the generous filling of a chunk of pork belly, a chestnut, mushroom, salted egg, and yellow beans ....


Yums .... 

The glutinous rice was really yum .... soft and infused with the flavour of the bamboo leaf and the lightly flavoured ingredients. All of us liked it except Dad. He hated mushy rice. Bro did not eat meat dumplings. Lol.

The next day, I went back to buy more! Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...