Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Xiang Xiang Seafood Permyjaya

AT and I had dinner at Xiang Xiang Seafood at Permyjaya, after he did something around the vicinity. It was my first time here, and we sat al fresco, dining under the stars. Lols. 

The menu amused me to no end .... 
Lols .... look at "Nan Lu Baby Oil" and "Mangosteen" ... so very funny it was! 

Xiang Xiang Beancurd
Very nice and I enjoyed the combination of minced pork with deep-fried smooth, melt-in-the-mouth tofu ... The portion was also very big; and we couldn't finish this plate of tofu. 

Lo Han Cai
This dish was cooked with red fermented beancurd .... I think this vegetable dish was not well-cooked at all .... The beancurd sticks looked dry and unappetising, and the vegetables had not absorbed the flavours of the fermented beancurd yet .... 

Small intestines with ginger, onions and soy 
My first time eating this .... the small intestines were already braised in soy and spices, before being stir-fried here. It was hard and chewy to me ...... and well, I did not like it at all ... 

Hmn .... some hits and misses here .... perhaps we hadn't really ordered the right dishes ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...