Saturday, April 5, 2014

Kuching Botanic Gardens, Aquarium and Museum

After lunch, D and I went to the Kuching Botanic Gardens, Aquarium and Museum.

First up, I was rather impressed that the aquarium was especially well-kept. The tanks looked clean and the water creatures looked really healthy. D and I quite enjoyed looking at the fishes and taking photographs of them.



Later on, we visited the Museum. I love the Museum .... and the exhibits had been there for as long as I remember! Of course there were some new additions as well.

Saying hi to Orca .... he's been here for a long, long time .... 

On the first floor, we could sit down and watch a film of the various ethnic longhouses in Sarawak .... it was a very informative show. This section was certainly new as they didn't have it before. 

And finally, we went to enjoy a bowl of red bean ice at the kiosk at the Botanic Gardens ...

The kiosk .... very old and brings back lots of fond memories

I remembered watching a live performance here when I was a child .... 

Red bean ice
What a refreshing end to a wonderful afternoon .... 

We went back after our sweet treat .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...