Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Favourite O

Berry is my darling nephew of 19 months. Berry's favourite letter is "O" and he pronounces it as /oo/. So cute.

My favourite "O" is from Old Chang Kee of course. Curry O and Sardine O. Lols.

I was at Avenue K for the first time that day, and I has glad to see an Old Chang Kee outlet there. So how can I resist buying the pastries, especially the curry puff fondly known as Curry O?

Curry O
Buy 6, free 1, RM1.80 each

I bought 6 pieces and got an additional piece for free. 

The curry puffs were freshly fried, and was hot to touch. The skin was crispy and crunchy, and wrapped compactly with curried potatoes, chicken dices .... but my favourtie was the large wedge of egg inside .... 

A generous slice of hardboiled egg

Dad found the curry puff to be tasteless ..... but Mom liked it. For me, my enjoyment comes from nibbling a curry puff, bit and bit as I savour the taste and texture in my mouth. Like! 

4 comments:

  1. Howdy inid2tell, i stumbled upon your blog(nice blog you there) this Curry Puffs makes me " lao hao sui" - yummy .first time i come across Curry puff's filling got egg one. where is this Old Chang Kee actually? im from Kuching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, Old Chang Kee is not available in Kuching. You either need to get it in KL or Singapore ..... :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there,im the same fella asking you about this nice Curry puff - im just starting to write again- my blog " ChenSamMui" .thanks and if the earth's willing,i visit KL and of coz,i wont miss the stall on wheel at Jln Alor selling fried pretzels like yau char kui,hum chee peng,ma kiok and the likes - i think you know that famous stall manned by old man and women ? hope they are still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for sharing. i didn't know there's such a stall at jalan alor. will go find it the next time i'm in kl in june. thanks for reading. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...