Sunday, April 27, 2014

Soon Fook @ Krokop 5

I used to love to eat here .... until the crowd got bigger and we had to wait a long time for our food. At that point, we stopped coming. My favourite dish here was the Stir-fry beancurd skin with assorted mushrooms. It was a vegetarian dish which I loved very much to eat with rice ....

The other day, AT and I were together here for the first time, and we did enjoy all the food that we ordered ...

Stir-fry beancurd skin with assorted mushrooms
Love the beancurd skin which was smooth and chewy, compact but not dense, and has absorbed much of the flavours from the dark coloured gravy .... delicious

Stir-fry cangkuk manis with egg
Sweet amd eggy ... yum ... 

I loved the thick pork chop, deep-fried till crunchy on the outside, and yet tender on the inside. The sauce was well balanced, sweet and tangy; and I liked the crunchy textures of the vegetables garnishing the dish

Pig stomach pepper soup
I liked it, but AT thought it was rather mild

Well, the portions here were generous; the dishes we ordered could easily feed three people. We paid RM35.00, including drinks. Reasonable, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...