Tuesday, April 29, 2014

He Would Be Back

What? AT exclaimed when I told him that I'd arranged for a fowarding agency to send my stuff back to Kuching.

I had 22 boxes, and would be charged RM20.00 per box. For a door-to-door service, I thought that paying RM440.00 was rather reasonable.

AT insisted that he could help me save cost, and took the liberty to cancel my arrangement on my behalf.

And yes, he did help me save as much as RM115.00.

My receipt 

And we were NOT using a forwarding agency. We were using a courier service at that! I was really amazed ... because the price that AT had negotiated was really, really unbelievable.  

Well, I am indebted to AT for his immense help during this period of time ... if not for him, I would not be able to get my things done so quickly and smoothly. AT was the one who gave me boxes, very durable ones too. He even helped me pack. He helped me load those heavy boxes into his SUV. And then unloaded them afterwards. Some were 22kg in weight. He even got me a bargain courier rate. How could I ever repay his kindness ....

Anyway, my stuff settled, I felt the burden lift off my shoulders .... and we had lunch at the Vintage Tea House at Piasau. AT liked the food here ....

Vintage Tea House's signature dishes ... 

Read here and here for the reviews. 

This is one of my favourite shops to eat in Miri .... and AT questioned why I had never brought him there before ... Well, in fact, I had brought him once but at the time the shop was closed. 

Anyway, rest assured that he would be back. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...