Friday, November 14, 2014

Afternoon Tea at Song Kheng Hai

The Song Kheng Hai Hawker Centre is another good place to snack in the afternoons. A favourite in Kuching is the coconut and sugar cane drink at Mao Zhong, which is Stall No. 1 at the Song Kheng Hai Hawker Centre. True, anyone can mix coconut and sugar cane in a glass, but at Stall No. 1, I'd say that they got the right proportion of the 2 types of liquid, resulting in a very refreshing and unforgettable taste.


A large glass of sugar cane and coconut drink, RM3.00

I told Bro of the fantastic kompia here at Stall 7 and the wonderful fritters at Stall 15; Bro did not quite like the kompia ... because he was not quite accustomed to eating it. He loved the fritters though. I had bought some banana and breadfruit fritters to share among us.

Then at Stall 4, we ordered a Belacan Beehoon ....

Belacan Beehoon

I liked the fact that the noodles and gravy were served fresh and warm; It was not too spicy, and there were generous slices of cuttlefish to go with it. The crunchy vegetables were a refreshing accompaniment .... and I did enjoy the noodles very much. :)) 

2 comments:

  1. Good recommendations. I will surely try the drink and noodles the next time I come to Kuching.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...