Monday, November 10, 2014

Invigilating SPM

For the first time ever in my teaching career, I was invigilating SPM. I was replacing my colleague, who was busy with PT3. I was assigned a school where students were known to be notorious. But then I was perhaps a bit lucky, because I was invigilating the science stream students. I was often told that the science stream students were more manageable compared to the ones in the arts classes. Either way, I had already made up my mind to be very strict and firm with them.

Well, it's been a week and in my short time at the school, I witnessed boys openly smoking in the school compound. They also drove like F1 drivers in the school. At my examination centre, some girls were rude and answered back. And so far, two students had tried to cheat, by bringing in notes in the pockets. One girl was found to have cigarettes in her pocket. Hmn .... other than that, I guessed everything went fine.

On every exam day, we were given food, thanks a lot!

 Nasi lemak
It was rather tasty :)) 

Stir-fried noodles 
The egg was very greasy, but the noodles tasted good.

 Chicken kolo mee
This was quite yummy, the noodles fully absorbing the sauces from the chicken. 

Stir-fried Beehoon
Hmn ... the least yummy of all. I left much uneaten.

Mom used to teach at this school till she retired .... it's just a stone's throw away from where I live. Mom said she could hear me coughing while invigilating. I could actually smell Mom's cooking from the classroom. Lol. 




2 comments:

  1. so much of discipline issue in the school...their teacher must have lotsa headache dealing with them. Students nowadays are so rude and brave to answer back.....*shake head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha .... my former colleague just transferred there, and she got a shock of her life at first. Now, she must have been accustomed to it. I'm glad I don't teach there, or else I would really develop a high blood pressure in the long term.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...