Saturday, November 15, 2014

Venture to Hui Sing Hawker Centre

Bro and I ventured out to the Hui Sing Hawker Centre in search of supper ... well ... we weren't hungry, but we just wanted to search for our local favourites. The Hui Sing Hawker Centre was really alive at night .... with cars crowding the roads, and a large number of hungry patrons at the stalls.

I've not been here for a long time .... but remembered D telling me about eating his favourite Tomato noodles here. So I consulted D who told me that there was only one stall selling this ....

 Crispy Noodles in Tomato Gravy
Truthfully, the noodles did not look appealing to me at all .... it was virtually just plain noodles in sauce with so little ingredients accompanying the dish! Then, the tomato gravy had a very funny taste .... to me, it tasted sharp and astringent and very artificial. 

From Ah Huat's stall, I bought Stir-fried kueh tiaw with eggs and clams ... 

Char Kueh Tiaw
Hmn ... again ... not bad, but lacking the oomph that I wanted. The clams were too tiny to be satisfying as well. 

I waited a long, long time for my food ..... so this implies that business is really brisk here at nights. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...