Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lunch @ IPH Roasted Cafe

One of my favourite roasted meats cafe is at IPH Roasted Cafe at the back lane of Jalan Sekama. The roasted meats are always fresh and tasty. Last Sunday, D and I went over there for lunch .... and at noon, the place was really packed. We were lucky to secure a table ... but then it ordering our drinks and food were tedious as the staff were too busy to heed us. Besides those seated down to eat, there were lots of people taking away the roasted meats and they crowded all over the front counter of the shop. So D and I waited a long time .....

"I want pork and pork," I told D .... 

 Char siew pork and roasted pork belly, RM5.50
I just loved the char siew with its sweet and tasty marinade, and contrast that with the crispy-skinned salty pork belly. I finished the entire plate of rice. :P

Sour Vegetable Stew, RM1.00
Here at IPH Roasted, a small bowl of Sour Vegetable Stew was only RM1.00. It was made by stewing the odds and ends of the roasted meats with chilli, tamarind juice, assam keping, chillies and mustard ... and this dish was superbly appetising ... and it sold out really fast as well. Often it'll be sold out before we got there ... 

Eating here at IPH Roasted is simply satisfying every time. No wonder it is so crowded, but definitely worth the wait. 


2 comments:

  1. the roasted & barbiqued pork rice looks appetizing...i dun mind having a second plate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither do I mind because the the food here is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...