Wednesday, November 12, 2014

May Sister Cafe

My students have often spoken about this place. They speak of the huge bowls of kolo mee that they could get, and the steaming plates of rice they could eat with the dishes and of course, the mouthwatering curry rice which made them salivate just thinking about it. Lol. My students love coming to this cafe for lunch, especially if they need to stay back for extra classes in the afternoon. It's just nearby the school, and they can even walk here for their meal, and then make it back to school in time.

Bro picked me up from school the other day, and so we headed here for lunch.

 Kolo Mee, RM3.00
Bro wanted kolo mee, his favourite noodles. In fact, he had kolo mee for breakfast, and now he did not mind it for lunch. The kolo mee was a huge portion. I had a taste of the noodles, and found it to be very aromatic and tasty. No wonder the students loved it! I wouldn't mind coming back to this shop for these noodles again some time in the future. 

Curry Rice, RM6.00
That's a lot of goodies covering the rice! There was steamed chicken, char siew and also braised soy pork. An egg and some crunchy cabbage topped it all. The curry rice was served with so many condiments as well! There was this curry gravy, braised soy gravy, belacan and dark soy sauce. I found the curry gravy to be too diluted, but I did enjoy the spicy and pungent belacan dip. 

May Sister Cafe is opposite Miramar at Jalan Tun Zaidi Adruce or formerly known as Palm Road.

2 comments:

  1. both kolo mee and curry rice looks huge and can satisfy a hungry person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. That's why my students love coming here.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...