Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Breakfast @ Tong Fung Cafe

This cafe is located at Jalan Bendahara, at the Miri Waterfront area. My colleagues tell me that I have to eat the lui cha and the pork offal soup. Well, this morning I decided to try the kolo mee and the offal soup ..

Kolo Mee
Hmn ... the noodles were very Q and was somewhat hard when the noodles got cold. The minced pork was tasty and I liked that it had the REAL charsiu instead of some brownish braised pork slices that MOST kolo mee vendors in Miri use. However, the noodles lacked the fragrance and the oomph. I ate only a little bit and gave up.

Pig Offal Soup
I liked the soup, though.It had ginger slices, green vegetables, and offal and also a few slices of blanched spongy skin. Don't ask me which parts of the pig ... hmn ... I could only identify the liver and intestine. The rest of them I was really not familiar with. ;p The soup really warmed my tummy. Nice.

The uncle who served us was quite friendly and accommodating ... I asked for pickled chillies. No more, he said. But went back to scoop the last bits from the jar for me. When we wanted to pay for our food, he kept saying that it was no hurry. ;)

Anyway, I must come back for the lui cha. There's also dim sum sold here. So I'd like to try that as well. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...