Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Angel vs Devil

Well, I was accompanying my friend to purchase a pair of spectacles, and while waiting for her to select a new pair, I browsed in the glass shelves, and was compelled to try on a pair myself. It was of a plastic frame and was black in colour. Somehow it fitted me, but I was not really keen on the price. So I hesitated for a long time. The sales assistant was quite accommodating and I quite enjoyed interacting with her ... till this young lady optician came along and showed me THAT attitude ... To cut the long story short, she was being PLAIN RUDE.

It was a late night dinner for us at Sushi King after that. We had a salmon sashimi, a salmon temaki, a mixed bento and a chawanmushi. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to snap photographs of the sashimi and the temaki ... lols ... perhaps I was too hungry or too distracted. 

The mixed bento, RM15.90

Chawanmushi, RM4.00

There was a bit of change in the menu ... my favourite grilled salmon belly was not in there anymore .. too bad.

Armed with our docket, we went ahead to pay our bill which amounted to RM42.80. I produced my Sushi King Privilege Card but was told that it had expired. No 10% discount. Wait, there was another way to for that waiver. I produced my HSBC credit card. Still, no 10% discount as we had to spend a minimum of RM60.00. Hmn .... had I known, I would have eaten a few more platters, I joked with the cashier. 
Anyway, as I handed him a RM50.00 note, this really nice cashier took the liberty to give us that 10% discount. Shhhhhh, he brought his finger to his lips. My friend and I were surprised by his kind gesture. It really touched my heart. After that harrowing experience at the optical shop, it was indeed a blessing to meet an angel at Sushi King! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...