Monday, September 3, 2012

Tapioca Dessert

Second Uncle and Aunt went back to the village at Bau and brought back some tapioca. Great! How did they know that I was craving for some tapioca dessert?? Mom and I had actually been sourcing for some at the market for a few mornings already, but we had not come across any. So it was such a coincident that my Uncle and Aunt had brought back some for us ....

Tapioca

So, Dad cleaned the tapioca and cut them into large chunks ... and Mom had them steamed. Then in a separate pot, Mom brought thick santan or coconut milk to a boil with some sugar and a pinch of salt, and of course screwpine leaves.

The result .... yum ... sweet rich santan flavoured the fragrant tapioca chunks ...



I loved to eat them HOT. The tapioca was not very powdery, but I did not mind the chewy bits. The santan tasted really rich or lemak with the addition of sugar. I liked coating each piece of tapioca with lots and lots of santan before popping it into my mouth ... Yum ... it was really delightful to savour the flavours. A simple , but a delectable fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...