Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stuffed Vegetables & Tofu

Every weekend when I visit the Krokop Lorong 10 Wet Market, I look forward to buy some freshly-made stuffed vegetables and tofu.

There is this lady who stuffs brinjals, okra, chillies, bitter gourd rings and 2 types of tofu with fish paste. She has about a tray of each of the six items, and they sell like hot cakes. So, if you go late, she will have finished all her wares. Sometimes, she doesn't sell. So ... whenever I see her, I would patronise her.

I bought 5 out of her six items, RM0.70 per piece

Hmn. I normally like to buy a piece of each. They are great with instant noodles, or to be cooked in a clear soup with vermicelli. Otherwise, I'd just concoct a sauce to braise the items in and serve with rice.
Vermicelli in a clear soup, with minced pork balls, green vegetables, and of course, the stuffed vegetables and tofu.

Besides those stuffed items, the lady vendor also sells fish cakes and fish balls. I'd never bought them to try yet, but perhaps I would one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...