Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm Lovin' It : GCB

I'd always wanted to try the Grilled Chicken Burger at McDonald's or better known as the  GCB. It is only available for a limited time in Malaysia. It is described in the adverts as groovy, gorgeous, glorious. Hence, I was really curious about how great this burger would be.

After work, I headed over to McDonald's and ordered myself GCB medium meal ....

 The box 

 See the grilled chicken thigh meat snuggling together with the lettuce in a sesame bun

Taking a peek inside ....

Well ... I thoroughly enjoyed the grilled chicken thigh meat a lot as it was tender and succulent and nicely flavoured. There was a considerable layer of crunchy iceberg lettuce in there, which I appreciated a lot. The bun was fresh and soft. What I did not like so much was the "smoky char-grilled sauce", which I found to be more of a pepper sauce. The taste of black pepper came on very strongly for me. I felt that it was a pity that the sauce overpowered the taste of the grilled chicken meat. And so, this would be a no-no for people who do not like pepper.

If I could have my GCB custom-made ... hmn .... I'd want 2 chicken thigh slices with lettuce and just good old plain mayo ... one of these days I'm going to try ordering it to see if they would accommodate me ... ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...