Monday, September 17, 2012

Dinner @ Kuan Heng Cafe

I had eaten here a few times, but I never bothered to check out the name of the shop. So tonight, I did and finally found out that it is called Kuan Heng Cafe. It is a corner shop situated at Jalan Permaisuri. People come here for fishball noodles in the morning. But at night, patrons can order rice and dishes.

So, that night, the girls decided to have rice with ...

Stir-fried bitter gourd with salted black beans and pork ribs
Well, I think the ribs were braised before hand together with the salted black beans and then only stir-fried with the vegetables. Cause the ribs were really tender and tasty. I quite enjoyed the crunchy bitter gourd which was not overcooked. 

Brinjal with minced pork and salted fish
This was a tasty dish too, not too salty. The brinjal slices were soft and yet not disintegrated. It was served in a claypot over a small flame.

Plum sauce pork ribs
Actually, I enjoyed the sweet and sour sauce that coated the ribs. Yumm ... except that the pork ribs was really tough ... I think it would be great to have pork chop with the sauce ...

Seaweed soup
The soup was clear and rather refreshing. I had in there some minced pork and egg.

The meal cost us RM50.00 including drinks. Good food at reasonable prices. A great place to eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...