Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hormel Spam

Hormel has fed billions of people with Spam. That's according to the official website. It's so versatile, as it can be eaten in so many ways. I saw a recipe which I was quite interested in the other day - that of spam croquette. It looked pretty easy, like something I could handle. So wait till I try that out ...

But well, I had never bought Hormel Spam before. I guess I did not have the urge. Till now, of course. And so, I bought my first can the other day. I got a mini can, that's the 7 ounce can.

 Hormel Spam

It cost me RM6.99. I opened the can, and found that it has a lighter pink hue compared to Tulip's. It's a prettier colour. Texture wise, the meat was firmer. I could slice it quite thinly, even with my not-so-sharp knife. It yielded 7 pieces. That made it RM1.00 per slice. ;p

Nice dusky pink colour, eh?

Then, I had them pan-fried till browned and served it my favourite way - in a sandwich together with egg omelette, cucumbers and onions.

Pan-fried ... a bit burnt on the corners ;p

Stacking'em up ....

My childhood sandwich 

Well, I liked the taste and texture more than I did Tulip's. Tulip luncheon meat did not have as much bite, and I would prefer it to be a wee more salty.  However, I did find Hormel Spam overly salty. I think I'd not be able to serve it in instant noodles, the way Hong Kong tea houses do, lest I suffer from sodium overload! Perhaps next time I'd buy the "Less Sodium" variety - if I ever come across a can, that is. I'd be on a look out the visit to the supermarket!



7 comments:

  1. Where did you bought Hormel Spam ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it at Ta Kiong Supermarket here in Miri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ic thanks for the info, cos i did search in boulevard and servey it cost around rm 18.90 or issit becos of the size?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it should be because of the size. I bought a mini can. But they also sell the large cans at Ta Kiong for less than RM18.90.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK.. many thanks for the info..;)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...