Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dinner @ Nine 2 Five

2020. 88. 3:15. 925. Nope, I'm not giving you a set of winning numbers for this week's draw. Let's just say that I'm rather amused how eateries or cafes in Miri is named. Say 2020, and the whole of Miri knows which coffee shop is referred to. Lols.

Last night, my friends and I headed for dinner to 925. Nine 2 Five, more precisely. Lols. It is also located at Pelita Commercial Centre. Now, let's see ... we knew what we wanted to have without looking at the menu. Our usual. Lols, not very adventurous, right?

Sea cucumber soup
I liked it hot and with lots of vinegar. The consistency was good, and I liked the generous amount of ingredients in there, like sliced shiitake mushrooms and finely shredded carrots. As for the sea cucumber, hmn ... I did not remember coming across any ...  

 Bitter gourd and egg omelette
Very salty omelette today for some reason ... 

Honey chicken
Well ... the chicken was nicely deep-fried. I liked it. However, I found the sauce a bit too sweet.  

 Braised Pearl Tofu With Seafood
Probably the only dish which I enjoyed. It was pleasant to the eyes. The combination of seafood, mushrooms and vegetables on top of a large chunk of deep-fried tofu was just lovely. The gravy was not too salty, and gave the ingredients a slippery texture. Yummy. I liked!

The bill came to RM54.00 for the 3 of us, inclusive of drinks. Quite reasonable, no? Business was pretty good here, even on a week night. But the good thing was, the waiting time was not that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...