Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making My Own

My colleague went to Sibu for a briefing, and what better to buy from Sibu than kompia? Please buy some, I requested him and he very graciously obliged. Thanks a lot!

So what I like to do is to stuff my kompia with minced pork. It's rather easy and I can make my own filling. 

 Minced pork filling
It's pretty easy to cook. Just saute shallots in hot oil, add some five-spice powder, sugar, soy sauce and finally the mince and stir-fry till cooked.

Then slit open the kompia, and spoon the meat filling between the bread, place it in the toaster till the bread turns warm and crispy. Then, make yourself a cup of hot coffee and start eating! Well, I must say that my filling tasted pretty great today! 

Hmn ... wondering who's going to Sibu next? Can anyone help me buy fresh kompia? ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...